School promotes the wearing of school uniform at all times. It gives the children a sense of belonging and creates a sense of identity. We expect all children to wear the school uniform. However, you do not have to buy uniform with the school logo on it, but we do request that you keep to the school’s colours.
The school colours are Royal blue, black and grey and should be worn as follows:
- Royal blue jumpers, sweatshirts or cardigans
- Black or grey skirts, pinafore or trousers
- Royal blue polo neck shirts
- Checked or striped blue, white dresses and black, grey shorts are suitable for the summer.
- Black flat school shoes or plain black trainers – no logos, Uggs, open toe sandals or flip flops.
- Grey, black or white socks
- Wellies for outdoor working
School shoes should be appropriate for use in school, be practical and safe, waterproof and suitable for working and playing in. Shoes with high heels, ugg type boots, crocs and shoes which do not support a child’s feet are not acceptable for school as they may cause injury to the children whilst they are playing. School shoes should be plain black. No logos, extra colours etc. Please also do not send your child in lace up shoes unless they can tie them themselves.
Jewellery, apart from a watch and/or one pair of small stud earrings, is not to be worn.
PE Kit should be in the school at all times in a labelled bag. Each child will need,
- Shorts, t-shirt and plimsolls (trainers are not allowed)
Wellies should be sent in in a carrier bag for outdoor learning. We go out whatever the weather so ensure your child is prepared!
All items of clothing should be carefully labelled with the child’s name.
If your child is not wearing appropriate uniform you will be sent a reminder letter regarding this. In sending your child to our school, you are agreeing to the uniform code we have in place.
The Parent Friends Association (PFA) have a preloved uniform stall throughout the year, please ask at the school office when the next one will take place.
SCHOOL UNIFORM ORDERING
South West Schoolwear (formally Identity Kits) in Wells provides our school uniform.
You have the following options to purchase the School uniform:
- Visit the Shop in Wells (23 Broad Street, WELLS BA5 2DJ). Payment Debit Card or Cash.
- Order Online https://www.swschoolwear.co.uk/shop/pcategory/schoolwear/shepton-mallet-infants/ Postage is £3.95 or click and collect is free.
- Orders placed over the phone and paid, can be delivered to the school at no extra cost. Payment by Debit Card. Please ring: 01749 670000
Royal Blue Logo Sweatshirts – Sizes 3-4, 5-6, 6-7, 7-8 & 9-10 = £9.85 each
Royal Blue Logo Polo Tops – Sizes 3-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10 = £6.50 each
Book bags - £5.50
Royal Blue Cardigan – Sizes 3-4, 5-6, 6-7, 7-8 & 9-10 = £11.95 each
Royal Blue Reversible Fleece/shower proof Coat - Sizes 3-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10 = £17.99 each
You can also purchase all other school uniform from the shop or online, legionnaires hats, trousers, skirts, shorts, shoes, daps, plimsoles etc.