PE and Sport Premium Funding 2016-2017
The DfE Vision for the Primary PE and Sport Premium
ALL pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
The funding has been provided to ensure impact against the following Objective and Indicators:
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools.
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport.
It is important to emphasise that the focus of spending must be sustainable and leave a lasting legacy beyond the funding allocation.