About the PE and Sport Premium
All young people should have the opportunity to live healthy and active lives. A positive experience of sport and physical activity at a young age can build a lifetime habit of participation.
Physical activity has numerous benefits for children and young people’s physical health, as well as their mental wellbeing (increasing self-esteem and emotional wellbeing and lowering anxiety and depression), and children who are physically active are happier, more resilient and more trusting of their peers. Ensuring that pupils have access to sufficient daily activity can also have wider benefits for pupils and schools, improving behaviour as well as enhancing academic achievement.
The DfE vision for the Primary PE and Sport Premium is that all pupils will leave primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
The funding has been provided to ensure impact against the following Objective and Indicators:
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools.
- The engagement of all pupils in the regular physical activity - kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sprots and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
It is important to emphasise that the focus of spending must be sustainable and leave a lasting legacy beyond the funding allocation.
2022 - 2023
Total Funding Allocation: