Friends’ of Shepton Mallet Infants’ School & Nursery (FOSMIS)
At Shepton Mallet Infants’ School & Nursery we are fortunate to have an active friendly team, who organise fun, interesting events and promote the school in a positive way. This has enabled children and their parents to get involved whilst raising much needed funds along the way.
As a parent/carer you are automatically members of the PFA.
We are a friendly team and are always looking for new members, helpers, supporters and sponsors, so if you would like to know more please do not hesitate to contact us via the school office, leaving your name, telephone number or email address and someone will contact you.
The FOSMIS are always looking for new fundraising events so please feel free to contact us with your suggestions or ideas. Listed below are but a few of the events we have organised:
- Personalised Tea Towels/Christmas Cards
- Tombola stalls at Collett Park
- Glastonbury Festival Stewarding - £2,000.00 was raised
- Various Donations – up to £1500
- Christmas Fayre
- Class Cake Sales – Approximately £300 per year
Please follow this link to see some of the sponsors that donated raffle prizes for our various events throught the year. Click here to view.
The funds we raise are used towards supporting the school buying much needed equipment that all the children benefit from. Here are but a few:
- Donation toward the new Playhouse in Nursery February 2016
- Donation towards the new fish tank in the main School February 2016
- Donation towards the website February 2016
- New projector & sound system for the school hall.
- Library equipment for the new library corner, this is now a fabulous colourful, comfy area for the children to enjoy reading books.. .
- Theatre Company visits putting on shows for the children.
- Arts and crafts materials from the Wells Scrap Store.
You can support our FOSMIS in raising more money for our school when shopping online at easy fundraising.
Thank you to all the families, friends and staff who have supported these events, either by organising or attending them. Without the parents support none of this would be possible.